Tribute to ...
This post is a dedication to my wonderful 140 kids I am so blessed to see every day!! I knew I would enjoy teaching and I knew I would care for my kids... but it has become overwhelmingly so much more than I ever dreamed possiable. I love every single one of them for who they are and what they give and share with me. I make it a goal to have an individual relationship with each one of them and that has made all the difference in the world. I want them to know how much they mean to me often and I tell them every Friday before they leave my class " I love you guys... have a great weekend." At first, I thought they would think it was weird their teacher said… I love you... But now they say…"we love you too Mrs. Casey." It is funny and I love it; we have a lot of fun... too much sometimes :) Teaching is so much more than it seems...I truly care for their souls. I really have seen more of my purpose here on this earth in the last 5 months. Teaching physical education is important to me and I want them to know how to live a healthy lifestyle physically, mentally, and emotionally, but I want them to know, how they choose to live their life is so important. They are here to find joy on this earth and I will do whatever I can to help them do that while they are with me. Kids have so many more barriers in life than I ever had. I want to be the perfect balance of firmness and understanding, of guidance and freedom, of mentor and friend. I absolutely love my 140 kids!!!!!.
Friday, January 30, 2009
MY 140 Kids!!!
Girl of Many Coats Ruth at 3:34 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
This is great. It is so great that you Love your KIDS>
I know how that feels.
You are making a difference in their lifes.
WAY TO GO
I'm sure that your students know how much you care for them. WOW 140 kids! :)
I'm sure you are influencing them more than you know. Loving them is the best thing you can do. I bet they wish more teachers were like Mrs. Casey!
I'm so glad to hear that school is going so well and that you love all your kids. I think every teacher should be like that.
Post a Comment