Friday, April 29, 2011

BrOdEn bUg

Under the lights with his shades:) He had a little jaundice the first few days, but today they took away the lights.

 Just hangin' out:)

 Daddy and Broden time! Whenever daddy holds him he loves to wake up and look around.


3 days old...He loves sleeping on his tummy and his Binky!


 Mommy LOVES her baby boy!!
 

Yesterday afternoon I was discharged from the hospital. I am trying to balance wanting to be with my son every moment of every day and getting enough rest to heal:) I need a nap! We get to hold him 30 min each day. It's hard knowing that's all the time I get to hold him (much more than the first 2 days though so I am happy!) At night when we need to leave and go back home, (we are staying with Steve's wonderful/generous uncle and aunt) I tear up a little and hate leaving him. We love our little Broden Bug!!!!

12 comments:

lauramarie said...

hate leaving the babes in the nicu. i chose to go home when ainslee was in the nicu because i missed peyson so much...he wasn't allowed to come to the hospital...but even with my own choice...so sad. glad you get to be close! 30 minutes a day just isn't enough:( sweet little boy:)

peckette said...

He is so sweet! I know how it feels to not be able to hold your baby everytime you want to, I think I cried everytime I had to leave. But it does get better, I promise! You look beautiful, get some rest and our prayers are with you guys and that sweet baby boy!

Jonny and Kara said...

Aw he's so cute!! And you look awesome! We're praying for ya!

(PS - I found ur blog via blog stalking, haha. Hope you don't mind!).

Brook and Jen said...

What a sweet baby!! I love the picture of Baby B. stretching out his arms. it's like he is saying "ahhhh, this is nice!!!" I love him and i haven't even met him yet!!

Jacqui said...

Ruth! He is beautiful! and what a darling name. Congratulations, you happy little family!

Trish said...

It would be so hard to leave him! He is adorable!

derek and michelle said...

What a sweet little guy. So happy for you guys. Take care!

Alison Heiner said...

He's so cute! He already looks so much older. We can't wait to meet him. You are in our prayers.

N+M Family said...

he is so cute, He looks like he is doing great.

Reed & Melinda Family said...

He is a doll can't wait to see him!

penny said...

so glad things are getting better every day.

Ashlee said...

He is so handsome Ruth!! I'm glad everything is going as well as possible.
Get some rest!! Having a baby in NICU is emotionally draining and it's best if you rest as much as possible.
You need to take care of yourself and let them take care of Broden.
It feels like forever in the moment, but someday very soon you'll have him all to yourself in your own home, and you can hold him as much as you want!! Life will be good:)