Well... What an unexpected change in life:)
Monday I was at Jen's when my water broke. I was exactly 31 weeks prego Monday. She took me to the hospital and Steve got off work and met us there. I was life-flighted to SLC and am at the U of U Hospital. I got quite the ride... An ambulance ride from the RS hospital to the airplane and then another ambulance ride from the plane to the hospital here in SLC. I had a whole plane all to myself:) Steve got to come along so that was nice! The flight medics were amazing and I couldn't ask for a better team.
I was put in the labor and delivery unit right away. I was having contractions 8 minutes apart. They also had seen some decelerations in the baby’s heart rate. They did a lot of tests to make sure there wasn't any oxygen getting cut off, where they would have to do a C-Section right away. That first day and a half were more nerve racking, but Tuesday afternoon everything turned around and I was able to get off all the 24-7 monitoring and was moved to the Women’s Special Care Unit. My contractions greatly decreased and the baby is doing great!!!
They estimate he weighs 3lbs. 4oz. His heartbeat is very strong and he is still his same wiggly self. They hope I can get to 34 weeks before delivering, but since my water broke the doctor said anything can happen. I can go from no contractions to full on labor quickly so we will have to see if I can get that far. I have had antibiotics to eliminate any infections and steroids to help develop his lungs. So I am bedridden... I can get up to go to the bathroom and can have a 30 min. wheel chair ride (whoo hoo!) once a day, otherwise I just lay here:) For being such an active person this will be quite fun for 3 more weeks, but it's all worth it!! We LOVE him tons and it really isn't that bad... They are wonderful here!
Steve's parents brought up our car and a bunch of stuff for us so we are doing well. Thanks SO much for your thoughts and prayers!!! It really means a lot... I know that is why everything has been going so good and we hope it continues to go this way!!... So Utah is our second home for a while:) 8-10 more weeks at least they said.
Love you all and will update here and there!!
Ruth and Steve
18 comments:
Wow, that is some scary stuff. We hope things continue to improve and you do not develop too many bed sores!! That was a joke, got to keep the mood light. If you need anything, please let us know.
Wow, we will keep you in our prayers. It seems that the little guy is eager to get here.
We wish you the best and are praying for you guys!!!! Sorry that you have to be there in bed for that long. You are so active and that would drive me crazy. Let us know if there is anything we can do for you!
HOly moly friend. Scary! Wow, so so glad things are going as well as they can. We love you and would happily do whatever! Take care! Hugs and prayers!
I am so glad that you are doing okay! I haven't stopped thinking of you, steve, and baby since I read what happened on Tami's FB. I hope that these 3 weeks go quickly and everything goes as planned! Obviously if there is anything we can do, just say the word! Love you guys!!
oh my heck ruth! i hope everything is going ok, and if you need anything we live just 25 minutes away from the hospital youre in! good luck with everything!
I'm so glad to hear that everything is going great! I was SO worried! But getting that little piece of Heaven will make all of this worth it! We love you guys so much, and will definitly be making a special trip as soon as you get home!
Mike and Nicole :)
I hope you are hanging in there. The U of U is the best. Tyler and I had that same crazy ride from Rock Springs to primary's. We are praying for you and that anxious little boy!
I'm glad everything has slowed down and is going well. You will have to pick up a quiet, subdued hobby like knitting?!
Are prayers are with you all.
Wow! Patricia told me your water broke. I miss you!!!! Keep us updated, I am sure he is going to be sooo adorable.
Ruth! Oh man, these babies have minds of their own...even while still in the womb! Tell him to stay comfy!! I will talk to Jess and see if we can come up to see you.
Crazy! I can't believe all that has happened. I am so glad to hear everything is good with the baby. I actually used to work on that women's specialty unit you are on(2 East) as a CNA and that is where I stayed after I had Lily. They really do give great care. You couldn't be in better hands. You have been in our thoughts and prayers. Please feel free to call me anytime you want to talk. I know how hard bed rest can be on prego mommies.
I'm glad things sound good for now...I seriously couldn't believe it when Trevor told me! We have definitely been thinking of and praying for you guys. How are you filling your time? Do you need books? Movies? Yarn? :o) Let us know!!!
So glad you guys are ok!! You guys are in our thoughts and prayers! I cant even imagine you staying in bed that long!! lol You are one amazing mama! Keep that little man in there as long as you can :) Let us know if there is anything we can do!
we are praying for you.
We are thinking of you. Im so glad things are going well. Hang in there, we are praying for you.
Sorry to hear that Ruth, I hear your pain. I did the same thing at about the same time i was 32 weeks when I started having problems. But we did make it to 34 weeks and had a healthy 4lb7oz baby. So I hope you can have the same luck I did. Our prayers and love is with you.
Post a Comment