Sunday, July 26, 2009

Recent happenings...

Steve has been in the paper a few times and is our town hero:) I don't have the others (becuase we don't get the paper), but Cathy has been cutting them out for us...thanks Cathy!!



On Saturday, we were in the Rock Springs parade. Josh and Becca invited us to join their Wyoming Fan bus and show our Cowboy pride. We were in the bus and waved and walked alongside the bus tossing out candy to the parade viewers. Of course, everyone showed off their best chanting as we walked by the judges:) Lots of fun... thanks for inviting us Josh and Becca!! It was our first experience getting to ride in the infamous bus and it was definitely awesome!! I didn't get any parade action shots, but mabye Becca did??


Steve as been busy working overtime shifts and studying so he can go take the test and get his CDL. He got to drive the ladder truck last week... he thought that was pretty cool :)

We went golfing again on Friday and I was attacked by May flies. All of a sudden it felt like I had a million little pricks on my neck, arms, back, legs, head, etc. They were everywhere!!!! I have seen May flies many many times before and haven't had this happen. I wanted to run and jump into water it was so bad. I started screaming trying to get them all off, but they were tiny and crawling everywhere. Steve thought I was over reacting until he came over and saw them all over me and helped swat them off. I don't know what I walked into or why they chose to attack me and not Steve (Steve said it was because I had a white shirt, but I don't think that is why), but the people around us probably thought I was a girl who isn't outside much (like the lady in the movie Parent Trap that the dad about marries) jk! But it was really bad and I wasn't over reacting. We swatted all the tiny biting suckers off of me... it did take a bit... and I walked swiftly the rest of the time golfing to keep them off of me. I still had a few little bites here and there, but not like the first attack. Good thing we were on the 7th hole :)

5 comments:

Laura Ann Terry said...

Mayflies are nasty buggers. I would have been crazy to get them off too!

wyomingerica said...

that is great news, you finally got to ride the FEVER! aren't you so lucky. Sorry to hear about the attack. I can feel your pain. Have a great week.

Brenny said...

It's because you are so sweet! :) That is fun that you got to be in the parade with the bus. Very cool picture of Steve...

Maria said...

That is so cool Steve got to drive the ladder truck. I'll have to tell Will - he LOVES firemen and everything about them! I love summer, but not the flies. I can't believe you got attacked like that. I would be majorly panicking.

LindsC said...

I love your story telling, I could so see that happening. and don't worry I think I would be the same way. It's what makes you so likable!

And how fun to have a hero in your home. But we already knew he was.