I was working after school today when three of my 8th grade girls came in with a surprise!! How sweet!! They each picked out a flower just for me "just because". They know Steve left and don't want me to be sad they said and that they just wanted to make me smile. Well... they sure got a BIG smile. I love my kids!!!
They also had a small blown up green dinosaur baloon that you can add to the vase with flowers also, but it is at school because it didn't need water. We made up a name for him and they wanted him to be the class mascot. It is funny because each one of my classes has their own class mascot. Throughout the year they find things or bring little things to class and it has become their class mascot. Too funny! I should take a picture of all the mascots lined up together sometime:)
Tuesday, March 31, 2009
They make me feel special...
Girl of Many Coats Ruth at 3:17 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
That is so sweet of your kids! What thoughtful 8th graders you have. They sound clever too . . . class mascots? I never had one, but it sounds like a fun idea.
Those flowers are sooo pretty! It sounds like those kids are going to miss you! :) Hope things are going well for steve and his new job too!
Hey I just noticed your comment. I'm glad to see things are going well for you guys. Maybe I'll see you in GR or RS sometime when I'm there.
Hey Ruth, I just thought of you. I'm going to place a Mary Kay order soon if you want anything. You'll get it for cost, but you'll have to pay full tax and s/h. I order once a year for myself and family. Sometimes if I know anyone else who wants something I'll let them in on the deal. Let me know if you need anything.
mndy_01@yahoo.com
Nice! Evidence of how much impact and influence for good you have in their lives! :)
Post a Comment