Sunday, April 5, 2009

Firefighter Casey :-)

Not every little boy who says they are going to be a fireman when they grow up gets to be one (Aunt Melea).


This comes with being married to a firefighter... he has to have a set of bunker gear at home and one at work.



Steve has been doing all sorts of training. He has to put his gear on in under 1 minute and his captain will randomly say "go" and he has to stop what he is doing and go put his gear on that is laid out by the fire truck. He practiced using the jaws of life on an old car they brought in for him. He has to work out for an hour every shift and has been retraining on force able entry, ventilation, and fire behavior. He also was training on the ladder truck. I wish I could of had a picture of him on the ladder at the top when it was all the way stretched out. Those fire truck ladders stretch 75 ft. in the air :-) Glad that is him!! Steve has to do a lot of studying on his time off and at night and takes one of his big tests Thursday... Good Luck Steve!!!!!



3 comments:

Maria said...

That is so cool that Steve's a fireman! Will LOVES firefighters. Sounds like it's a lot of work to be a firefighter.

Brenny said...

Steve looks so great in all his gear! I'm seriously tearing up (I know, I'm such a nerd) -- WE ARE SO PROUD OF YOU GUYS!

Good luck on your test, Steve!

Sarah said...

Gosh, it looks like you both have great jobs and are having fun! Very happy for you! Where exactly are you living now?