Thursday, March 12, 2009

Big News...

Steve was offered a job with the Rock Springs Fire Department and we decided to accept. It was after a lot of time and thought, but we are both excited. Steve applied about a year ago and they had someone retire and Steve was at the top of their hiring list. The phone call was out of the blue and our life has seemed to take a 180 degree turn~~He was really hesitant to accept the job because he knows how much I LOVE Lander and my job, but there is another road we need to take now... I guess our work here is done :) I am applying for jobs there and very hopeful they will want me to teach in their school district... Just sent the application there yesterday!!!

Steve will be moving and starting to work at the Fire Department by March 30th... I will be finishing my school year here in Lander and moving when I am done. We will be living apart for a time... and paying two rents:( :( :( ... I will see how that goes, but the opportunity is exciting. I love that Steve is going to be able to do his passion every day at work.

When we moved here I thought it was a permanent location for a while, but it sure has changed...off to Rock Springs, WY... where the wind blows: P... By our 4th wedding anniversary we will have lived in 5 towns in Wyoming within those 4 years...

I will miss my kids and our wonderful friends... and of course the pretty little town and fun stuff to do outdoors that is soooo close. When I leave a piece of my heart will stay, but I guess that is good because I tried to make a difference in these kids lives. There was a reason we were here!!!

10 comments:

Phillips Family said...

We are happy for steve, but in no way are we happy about you leaving. Depression.

Jen said...

Wow, so off to Rock Springs, huh. Isn't it crazy how our lives make all these twists and turns? I'm sorry you guys will have to be apart for some time, but at least during your time away, you will both be doing what you enjoy (Stevo fighting fires and Ruthie teaching her little heart out). You guys are great and will do great at whatever you do, no matter what town you are in.

Sure love you guys!! Good luck with everything.

The Christensen's said...

That is so excited for you guys! Congrats! Good Luck with everything!

Emily Ringel said...

That's exciting!! It's actually only about an 1 1/2 from where we live and right next to flaming gorge which is beautiful. We might have to meet up sometime.

The Walkers said...

Congrats Steve! Don't forget that as of right now we still have a house in Green RIver that is for sale...its really cute! :-)

LindsC said...

Congrats on the job! That will be a hard move but I'm sure you guys made the right choice. :)

Murdock Family said...

Yay for Steve! Congratulations! I am sure it will be rough being apart for a while, but all the sweeter the reunion right? Absence makes the heart grow fonder! :) Good luck in your move and new start in Rock Springs! Love ya Ruthie!

Lindsey& Jason said...

YAY this is a great opportunity. I'm so excited for you guys. Everything will work out with your Job to Ruth. Congrats.

Nicole and Jameson said...

Hey Ruth, I saw "Big News" for your title and thought you were going to say you were pregnant... My sister in law put that title on her blog a week ago and that was her news. But congrats to Steve. This is still big news and should be an exciting change. So happy for the 2 of you.

Becca said...

Yay for you moving to Rock Springs!! You will be our neighbors!! Call if you need anything!