Saturday, October 11, 2008

First SNOW !!!! And it is STILL SNOWING!!!!




Friday morning it started snowing and it is still going strong. We tried to get out of our house this morning to go to Wal-Mart, but had difficulty opening the door. The leaves haven't even started falling off the trees yet. They have changed color, but not falling quite yet. There are a lot of branches in the street and in people’s yard. We heard a loud crack that woke us up last night. This morning we saw a big tree limb on the top of our neighbor’s trailer. Ahhhhh!!
Our volleyball game got cancelled in Powell this weekend so the girls were sad and some were crying because they couldn't play their last volleyball tournament of the year. They really like the bus trips. I agree that they are pretty fun. I have a great bunch of kids. I am having our end of the year volleyball party at Tony's pizza in town so they are looking forward to that. My next big challenge is getting all of their uniforms collected!!




And it is still snowing hard at 9pm on Saturday!!! IT HASN'T STOPPED! Our attempt at a snowman is already totally covered :(








SUNDAY MORNING: I took these pics through outdoor glass because we can't get out of our front door. We are going to have to do something or we won't make it to church. We are actually seriously stuck and can't get the door open. It is heavy wet snow to boot :) We are going to have to figure something out because we can't do this all winter every time it snows!! Since we shoveled yesterday we have about 10 more inches on our deck. AHHHH. It is Sunday morning and it is STILL SNOWING!!! I do love it though because the wind doesn't blow here. In Casper, you never see snow on top of railings or fences!! I can't wait to see the damage to the trees now. That is where the wind would help us; blow the snow off the trees so they aren't destroyed.



Our Jeep was completely hidden until Steve uncovered it.

7 comments:

Jen said...

I am definitely NOT ready for winter!!

Leslie said...

AGGHH! NO!

wyomingerica said...

holy smokes!!! that is alot of snow! It has snowed all weekend here but not that much.

Brenny said...

Last night after talking to his parents, Darren casually mentioned that Lander and Riverton got a lot of snow. Understatement of the year. Did you guys make it to church?

Ruth said...

Yes, we made it to church, but we were about 15 minutes late. Which wasn't too bad considering!! We don't have gutters on our trailor so once the sun came out it started melting and this morning our door was complete iced shut. We are going to have to figure something out. We can't have our door iced shut every morning and figure how to get out. AHHHH!!

Mike and Melea said...

That look great
nice pictures.
I'm glad you could enjoy it.

Anonymous said...

Yuck, I hate snow. We have had one snow but luckily it was like an inch on the valley floor. I hate snow so I am dreading the coming winter. Luckily we have a snow blower:)