Thursday, February 14, 2008

*****Happy Valentines Day******



This was Steve's Valentines present to me! It is hard to tell from the pic, but he bought my favorite Carmel kisses and cut out tiny squares of tinfoil. He individually wrapped them with the tin foil and had his own typed romantic sayings coming out of the top of each one. Then he put all the kisses inside the big tinfoil and wrapped them up into one big kiss for me to open and see what was inside. He had a big strip coming out of the big kiss saying" Will you be my valentine?" Isn't he romantic!! I just love him. We have a rule that we can only spend 3 dollars because we like to see how creative, fun, and personal we can get.


Last night after Steve was in bed, I took the letters I cut out to spell "I love you" out and taped them to things he uses in the bathroom in the morning. There was one letter on the toilet seat, towel, hair gel, toothbrush, and so on. Then I had a poster with "Happy Valentine’s Day" written backwards on it and taped it up behind the mirror. This way he would have a surprise when he looked in the mirror. Then the main present was on the mirror. I made the “sweet pink ticket" that has 10 things I wrote out he can redeem at any time he wants.

Steve has parent teacher conferences tonight until 8:30 or later, so we don't have much of an evening planned, but it was still a fun Valentine’s Day!!


4 comments:

Brenny said...

I love the idea of the $3.00 Valentine's Day. It definitely makes the gifts more personal. I loved the personal kisses and all your notes! So cute!

wyomingerica said...

What a good idea, that is so fun. We miss you guy, are we going to see at mtw time? We are going to be in Rock Springs if you want to ride with us.

LindsC said...

Oh fun you two are cute!!

wyomingerica said...

I was going to tell you Cody has both openings you are looking for. doug's brother brandon is a principle there. thought you would be interested.He said you guyes would start at 85 together.