I think this picture says it all...
Broden born at 3 lbs 10 oz...
Broden leaving the NBICU at 1 mo. and 2 days (36 weeks) at 5 lbs 13 oz....
Angie was one of his primary nurses that took care of him a lot! She was SO awesome and I know Broden misses her!!! She was so sweet to him!
Broden graduated from the NICU Saturday!! Way to go Broden Bug...you did it!! Because he is doing so good now it would be easy forget... It was a scary situation at the beginning and the doctors prepared us for him possibly having complications, but I will never forget the hand of God in our journey. I was able to carry him 1 more week, which was literally huge. My baby was born breathing room air, which is not common for how early he was born. It took some time, but he grew a little every day and now look at him! I am grateful for all of my blessings and my baby boy!! I will never forget.
We are home and LOVING it! We still have to go back weekly for his eye exams. They are not fully developed yet so we go for checkups to make sure that happens.
The goal is to keep him healthy now that we are home because I am NOT going back:)... So if you don't see me for a while you know why!!... and I will be a washing hands Natzi so I am preparing you now!
14 comments:
yay! Way to go buddy! So glad you are home! If you need anything let me know. He is so adorable!
Yea!!!! I'm so glad you got to go home!
yeah! just in time for the snow ;)
Yay! what a beautiful little guy. holy cow, what a big difference in 3lbs and 5! So so happy you're home!
Yeah! I am so happy you guys are home. I bet it feels so nice. We missed you. It truly is a miracle how strong and healthy he has been from day one.
How exciting!! I'm so happy you're home. He looks so much different with those extra few pounds! What a cutie. I don't blame you for sticking close to home for a while!!
That's so exciting that you are home! There is truely no place like home.
Let me know if I can do anything at all for you.
we are so excited you are home. I want to come a visit. But I will keep my boys germs away. Let us know when we can come. We are so happy for you.
That is awesome! Enjoy your time at home!
Hand sanitizer at the door is what I did and only a select few even got to come in. I am just so happy, I am jumping for you.
That is such great news!! congratulations, enjoy your sweet baby.
that is one sweet little boy and I am so glad I got to hold him a little bit. let me know if you need anything.
Holy moly Ruth, I just came across your blog for the first time in a while. I don't remember knowing you were pregnant and definitely wasn't expecting all this! Congratulations on a healthy baby boy and getting to bring him home! I skimmed back a bit to see what his circumstances were and I'm very impressed with your positive attitude. Way to go. You're awesome.
So happy you guys made it home. I am sure he will continue to get bigger and stronger...heck, by the end of the summer he may even be taller than Steve...just kidding steve..you know Adam love's ya!!
Post a Comment