Thursday, May 19, 2011

Rubber Ducky You're the One...

You Make Bath Tome So Much Fun...

Broden got his very first bath Monday! It was SO fun and he was too cute. He absolutely loved it! I see a lot of babies cry here when they get baths, but he loved it! The nurses wait until they the babies are in a crib for a week before they give them a bath ( they sponge bathe them if they need it before then). They don't do it earlier because they babies can't regulate their own body temp. and it uses a lot of energy up that they need to use to grow.

They have you swaddle them up tight in a receiving blanket and then put them into the warm water. Then you go slow and wash one side and then the other. They say it is important for them to feel secure when they are this little and getting a bath. It's not good to have their limbs going all over :)

We started with him all wrapped up...

But later his limbs were all over the place:)! He loved it and was too excited and kicked his feet to splash. He always wiggles and gets out of the tightest swaddles. I will have to see when we get home if he can get out of Jen's master blanket burrito??!! It's on Broden!



 Broden after his bath...getting sleepy:)

5 minutes later he is almost out:)! Bath time made this baby sleepy!

They have started giving him bottles at night when I am not there. He has one or two a day because that is all he is waking up to eat on his own. He eats the whole thing though:) We are slowly getting there!

9 comments:

Brook and Jen said...

What a handsome little man! I love him. When you get home we will burrito the crap out of him and watch him wiggle his way out. What a sweetheart!!

N+M Family said...

that is so cute. I just want to pick him up a cuddle with him. so sweet. I love the last picture with his little hand holding the Bink.

derek and michelle said...

What a little cutie. So nice he likes baths!

Jen said...

O sweet! :) Sydney just had her first bath too. So much fun. So happy he's doing well!

Phillips Family said...

Enjoy your bath times now becaue when they get older, they splash water everywhere!!

LeeAnn said...

Thanks Ruth! IT was good to see you guys too and I'm so glad that Broden is doing so well. Congratulations again!

Alison Heiner said...

He's so cute! He already looks like he's going to be super active like his mommy!

LindsC said...

Wow Ruth what a journey you guys have been through, it's been fun reading all about it. What a sweet baby!

Trish said...

It's so good to hear updates! I'm glad he's progressing so well.