On Monday, I drove to Greybull to go to Billings with my aunt Candy and my grandparents. Candy was flying home to Georgia from the Billings airport and my grandpa had a doctor appointment. I went so I could drive home because my grandpa wouldn't be able to drive after his appointment. So I was the designated driver or the chauffer as my grandpa put it !!
We went to dinner at the Cracker Barrel in Billings. Very fun place to eat and I recommend it to any future Billings travelers.
We also went to Wal-Mart, of course, and helped my grandma find some things. My grandpa and I had fun taking pictures of grandma in her motorized scooter.
My grandpa had his appointment early Tues morning so we spent the night in the hotel and took my grandpa to the appointment the next morning. He got these wonderful sweats for the pet scan because he had too much metal on his clothes (belt, snaps on shirt, etc.) and was stylish all day. He said he looks like all the young people who never get dressed for the day :) We had to get a pic of that for the record books. I haven't seen my grandpa in any other clothes but cowboy clothes so this was a treat and we all had fun with it.
On Wednesday, I hung out with Erica all day and helped her with Cole's birthday party. We had a lot of fun shopping and getting it ready. Ren really liked to help and had his own sized shopping cart to boot!!
The boys had a lot of fun and Erica had very fun games planned. They played noodle hockey in the backyard with the sprinklers on. Then they moved to the front yard and played flag football with the sprinklers on. Then they launched water balloons and had a water balloon fight. Tons of fun!!! What a fun day!
Friday, August 15, 2008
Billings/Greybull Trip
Girl of Many Coats Ruth at 8:59 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Your grandparents are so cute! How nice that you were able to spend so much time with them. Your grandpa's 'kids these days' comment was classic. And I totally agree, people just don't dress up. I'm sitting here at work in jeans and a tee shirt and wearing flip flops...
I'm so jealous that you got to spend time with Erica and the boys. The party sure looked fun.
It looks like you are having sooo much fun. You are so lucky to still have your grandparents to hang out with!
Looks like you had a good trip! So nice that you could help your family!
I'm so glad you came, thanks so much for the help. We sure miss you guys. Hope school is going good.
Looks like you had a great time with your grandparents. Your grandpa in sweats in too hilarious! I also have never seen my grandpa dress in anything less casual than khakis.
Post a Comment